A resume example for a teaching professional with over 10 years of experience as elementary school teacher. This document is good reference for grade school to middle school level teaching professionals.
This example of a teacher resume uses a small book icon on the left to help bring attention to the resume and make it unique. The document uses an executive summary to introduce the teaching professional, with an emphasis on providing an engaging learning environment that meets community needs.
The areas of proficiency section enables the writer to highlight experience with technology, Bloom’s Taxonomy, thematic units, creative lesson planning, guided reading and several other areas.
This sample utilizes a reverse chronological style with the experience listed in order of most recent to the least recent job position. The paragraphs outline major duties, while bullet points were used to accentuate key initiatives such as instituting positive classroom management strategies.
The bottom section includes an area to list past work history. These past jobs are not related to teaching, but show that this individual had pre-existing work experience. Teaching organizations and volunteer work are highlighted at the bottom, along with knowledge of important software programs.
Summary Statements for Elementary School Teacher Resume
- Dedicated and student-focused teaching professional who is committed to providing a well-balanced, supportive, and engaging learning environment for all students.
- Aptitude to remain flexible, ensuring that every child’s learning style and abilities are addressed.
- Hardworking and trusted educator who strives to collaborate with all members of the grade school community to meet the needs of students and promote the philosophy of the school.
Elementary School Teacher Resume Example Statements
- Serve as “on-call” substitute, accepting teaching assignments on previous nights or morning of class.
- Execute lesson plans across all disciplines for kindergarten, 1st, 3rd and 4th grade students with classes ranging in size from 20 to 25 students.
- As a paraprofessional, work with classroom teachers to create and execute lesson plans using appropriate core curriculum content standards.
- Additional responsibilities including tutoring /mentoring students and administering reading fluency assessments, as well as various administrative tasks and functions.
- Assumed all teaching responsibilities under the leadership of classroom teachers.
- Helped design and facilitate weekly lesson plans and activities in all subject areas for 1st grade class of 25 to 27 students.
- Managed students by establishing an appropriate climate and earning respect through effective leadership techniques.
- Maintained effective communication with staff and parents.
- Prepare classes for teaching sessions including development of written class and homework plans.
- Instruct students, evaluate performance and facilitate efforts to advance student achievement.
- Create classroom environment that enables students to learn while keeping students interested and attentive.
- Modify lessons to meet requirements of special needs students and individuals of cultural diversity.
- Develop lesson plans that meet requirements of curriculum guidelines for each grade and learning level.
- Design activities, projects and field strips to help drive home concepts.
- Perform additional tasks such as monitoring hallways, lunches and study sessions.
Common Duties – Elementary School Teacher Resume Example
– Plan and deliver lessons that align with state and national standards
– Assess student progress and provide feedback to students and parents
– Create a positive and safe learning environment for students
– Manage classroom behavior and discipline
– Develop and implement individualized education plans (IEPs) for students with special needs
– Communicate regularly with parents and guardians about student progress and behavior
– Collaborate with other teachers and staff to provide a well-rounded education for students
– Attend professional development opportunities to stay up-to-date on teaching methods and best practices
– Use technology and multimedia resources to enhance student learning
– Create and maintain student records and grades
– Provide extra help and support for students who are struggling academically or socially
– Participate in school-wide activities and events
– Encourage and promote student creativity and critical thinking skills
– Foster a love of learning in students through engaging and interactive lessons
– Maintain a professional and positive attitude towards colleagues, students, and parents.
Common Skills – Teacher Resume Example
– Classroom management
– Lesson planning and curriculum development
– Assessment and evaluation of student progress
– Differentiated instruction to meet diverse learning needs
– Communication and collaboration with parents and colleagues
– Technology integration in the classroom
– Student motivation and engagement strategies
– Knowledge of subject matter and teaching methods
– Classroom organization and environment creation
– Flexibility and adaptability to changing circumstances and student needs