This robust resume for a Human Resources Director begins with a summary of Debra’s applicable experience.
The next section titled “HR Skills” features numerous terms that emphasize her specific strong suits. Keywords such as talent development, performance management, and employee relations assist with brand marketing and recruiting searches.
Her professional experience follows starting with her current role as a Director of Human Resources. Each position description contains a summary of their duties followed by bullet points highlighting her achievements.
Her Education, Certifications & Affiliations are listed at the end of the second page. Her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration/Human Resource Management is featured first.
Her certifications in human resource management, and as Senior Professionals in SPHR and SHRM-SCP close out the resume.
Human Resource Director Summary
- Senior Certified Professional in Human Resources (SPHR) and SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SCP) with additional Human Resource Management Certification offering an 18-year HR career distinguished by commended performance and proven results.
- Extensive background in HR management and generalist affairs, including extensive experience in employee recruitment and retention; talent development; performance management program design, implementation and management; development of newsletters and communications; training program development; HR policies development and implementation; mediation; conflict resolution; benefits and compensation program development and implementation; HR records management; as well as legal compliance.
- Demonstrated success in negotiating win-win solutions, developing team building programs, and writing personnel manuals, corporate policies, job descriptions, metrics\analytics and management reports.
Human Resource Director Experience Statements
- Responsible for the development and implementation of all human resources policies, processes and programs for the Sewickley, Boston and Toronto, CA offices.
- Manage all employee relations issues, ensure compliance with all policies and procedures, as well as all state, federal and provincial law.
- Play an integral role in talent management, key decision-making and team leadership.
- Managed the full implementation of a new HRIS system, to include Web Benefits, Performance Management, Payroll, etc. Determined the provider and negotiated a substantial decrease in costs from prior provider.
- Managed the selection process of a new benefits broker including 401k management, determined new providers and negotiated a significant cost reduction from prior providers. Managed the full open enrollment process and manage the inclusion of all new hires, changed, etc.
- Created a new performance evaluation program for both mid-year and year end, as well as a stay interview process and performance improvement and employee development documents and processes.
- Wrote a new employee manual; created new job descriptions; created a job requisition process; created a merit increase process; developed a new hire onboarding process/presentation; created a compensation plan to include job grades, salaries, and ranges. created a formal executive and staff bonus program.
- HR point of the contact for the employees and managers at the client sites, providing both remote/on-site support to the employees in the call center.
- Responsibilities include talent assessment, providing support to all levels of management, assisting employees with questions regarding benefits, payroll, employee issues, leave of absence, worker’s compensation, performance issues, employee engagement, retention, etc.
- Participate in corporate wide projects: job description/compensation updates, training certification development.
- Assist in all recruiting activities and provide staff guidance by identifying new areas of sourcing candidates and reviewing and recommending courses of action for sourcing and recruiting high quality applicants.