This executive was very successful in executing marketing campaigns and retail launches for major brands and looking to relocate after a contractual position ended.
They sought a senior leadership role in the United States. The profile is succinct and to the point to inform readers of the candidate’s main areas of expertise and professional goals.
The achievement analysis is a very important facet which quickly and clearly illustrates quantitative, proven results of the candidate’s work. Because this candidate had been a driving force behind the marketing for well-known consumer brands, this section was easy to compile, but difficult to keep to just 6 bullet points. Making the achievement section longer than 6-7 bullet points will actually make it less effective.
Core Competencies is a great area to list technical and transferrable skills relative to the position being applied for and include keywords from other job postings. Since the candidate did not have extensive education to list on the resume, we kept this information on the bottom of the second page and instead, highlighted their major professional accomplishments and experience, utilizing strong verbiage throughout.
One challenge faced in writing this resume was the length of time the candidate worked for one corporation. While it showed great advancement in the workplace, because they had been with one company for almost 20 years, this was a weakness that we hoped to underplay by delineating the company name only once and the subsequent positions thereafter.
Marketing Director Resume Statements
- Develop and implement retail marketing strategies for major brands.
- Launched product in China; lead execution and efforts of team in large market.
- Lead best in class team of category marketing leads and managers to achieve retail sales goals.
- Oversaw planning and use of labor, visual merchandising, and promotion budgets.
- Successfully attained and managed channel budget in excess of $1B.
- Identified and initiated product allocations, refurbished product strategy, Black Friday and seasonal strategies.
- Conducted US retail launch, marketing, and promotion for over 20 products.
- Established, maintained, and negotiated marketing programs with top tier manufacturers.
- Structured retail presence and conducted sales associate trainings within set territory.