This real estate resume example was created for a client hoping to advance their career.
The job seeker recently switched into real estate and has mostly worked as a consultant to this point.
The relative lack of experience made it critical to highlight the key relevant skills and qualifications. This was accomplished by beginning the resume with an introductory paragraph and Core Competencies section. These sections solely focus on his strengths and do not address experience, or lack thereof.
From there, his Professional Work Experience was included, with the most important bullet points written in bold font. These bolded bullet points generally included accomplishments that helped increase revenue or sales since these are traits that will interest any employer.
Finally, an Education and Technology Proficiency section was included to demonstrate the full scope of what this client offers. These two topics do not have to be included in the same section, but it fit nicely for this particular resume on one page.
Summary Statements for Real Estate Consultant
- Highly effective Real Estate Analyst and Managing Consultant with over eight years of experience.
- Offering an array of skills in asset management, acquisition analysis, low-income housing tax credits knowledge, market rate apartments, for-sale residential properties, development feasibility, asset level competitive set analysis, fostering positive relationships, benefit/cash-flow modeling, property-level true-ups, projection of future property value and capital collection/disbursement.
- Track record of success managing multi-million dollar portfolios while exceeding goals and demands in fast-paced, dynamic environments.
Resume Experience Statements
- Serve as a key team member and thought leader in evaluating, creating and developing strategic investment recommendations within the multifamily, retail, office and industrial sectors.
- Assemble marketing materials for raising equity toward the establishment of new funds for top real estate managers.
- Evaluate strategic direction of funds through demographic and asset based analysis, proof of concept and the production of specialized marketing materials.
- Participated in closures approaching $500 million as part of consulting sales responsibilities over the past 18 months.
- Oversee consulting relationships totaling over $1 million in annual revenue, including direct support and presentations.
- Act as project lead on all multifamily site analysis as well as various office and retail analysis.
- Utilized market research, localized lifestyle analysis, supply and demand projections as well as financial analysis to generate product program and positioning recommendations for various developments nationwide.
- Composed final written report of team’s analysis and recommendations for several sizable projects, including a $100+ million urban mixed-use development and a large apartment development.
- Played crucial role in the development and marketing of a comprehensive market tracking report that incorporated social, political and market factors within the Boston Metropolitan Area.