This is an example of a resume for someone working as a travel consultant or in the travel industry.
The summary showcases Anne’s travel operations and destination management sales experience.
The “Areas of Expertise” section contains keywords appropriate to her experience for ranking high in applicant tracking systems and branding statement.
Immediately following, her professional experience is listed starting with her current role. The position duties are detailed below the job title, with the relevant accomplishments featured after by bullet points. The accomplishments convey the scope of her achievements and contributions.
The resume closes with her educational credentials, including the Bachelor of Science in Business Administration in Marketing and a diploma from both International Travel & Tourism and International Air Transport Association.
Travel Consultant Summary
- Driven International Corporate Travel Consultant with expertise in all aspects of the travel industry operations, destination management sales, establishing and maintaining key client accounts, increasing revenues, coordinating special promotions, utilizing referrals, and related marketing activities.
- Strong organizational skills while ensuring quality customer service exceeds client’s expectations.
Travel Consultant Experience Statements
- Advised clients on visa, passport, and security requirements relating to destination and confirmed flight details for each reservation. Completed reservations for business travelers at point of sale accurately.
- Maintained corporate traveler profiles and updated them as required.
- Informed clients of their company travel policy and utilized preferred vendors to maximize profit.
- Exceeded customer service satisfaction by understanding and anticipating client’s expectations.
- Supervised payments via credit and debit cards and handled sensitive information with discreteness.
- Arranged travel accommodations for groups, couples, and executive clients. Organized details for corporate and business trips, including transportation, schedules for conferences and meetings. Great ability to read, define, and apply fare rules.
- Excellent understanding of exchange/reissue ticketing entries to avoid debit memos arising from incorrect ticketing or incorrect application of IATA rules and procedure.
- Provided exemplary customer service to new and existing clients, which helped build lasting relationships and secure new travel assignments.
- Booked travel tickets, including air, rail, hotel, car, and alternate ground transportation.