For a Strategic Leadership role, the resume below showcases Joan’s leadership experience and skills.
The resume opens with a list of keywords, such as talent management and leadership development, to assist with ranking high in applicant tracking systems and brand marketing.
Immediately following is Joan’s professional experience, starting with her current role as an HR Manager and followed by her previous roles as Director of Organization & Talent Solutions and Senior HR Manager.
Each position contains a brief summary of duties and bullet points that outline her roles and highlight the scope of her achievements.
The resume closes with a list of Joan’s Education, Certificates and Associations. These include her degrees obtained and list the societies in which she holds professional memberships with.
Strategic Leadership Summary
- Lead the development and deployment of HR Strategy, policies and procedures for 3 union free site operations in Alabama and Tennessee.
- Leader within a Center of HR Excellence that developed and deployed enterprise Talent Management and Organizational Effectiveness strategy, systems, processes and tools that enabled the attraction, retention, selection and development of Boeing top talent and strengthen organizations.
- Direct alignment to HR VPs and Executive Council Leaders to align talent strategy and organizational strategy to achieve optimal business results.
Strategic Leadership Experience Statements
- Established the Boeing Talent Management Organization, strategy, structure, systems, tools and team
- Shaped the 2nd Century Global Leadership Program framework, focused on developing top leaders capable of effectively leading in a global business environment
- Shaped Corporate Executive Council leader talent stories for Executive Council Talent Reviews, resulting in strong executive succession plans and well positioned leaders of the future
- Led talent strategy and tactics to attract and retain senior executive leaders, to include competitive executive total compensation packages, succession planning and performance management
- Enterprise Diversity and Inclusion Award recipient, recognized for the development and implementation of a recruitment and selection strategy that enhanced the pull thru of diverse top talent.
- Comprehensive navigation between leading effective union relations and union avoidance strategies, focused on enhancement of relationships within Union/Management Leadership, while leading manufacturing leadership thru positive employee relations to avoid unionization of professionals.
- Led engineering staffing and recruiting strategy, in partnership with Sr. Executive Engineering team, to meet emergent critical engineering talent needs.
- Established and administered the site Drug Free Workplace Program
- Co-led Huntsville Site Negotiations. Implemented overtime language, reducing overtime obligation to the company and expanded contract lifecycle from 3 years to 5 years.
- Developed and implemented the first Huntsville Site Attendance Policy, applicable to represented workforce.
Common Duties – HR Manager
- Developing and implementing HR policies and procedures that align with the organization’s culture and values, and help to promote employee engagement, satisfaction, and retention.
- Ensuring compliance with employment laws and regulations at the local, state, and federal levels, as well as industry-specific regulations.
- Recruiting and hiring talented employees who are a good fit for the organization, and creating an effective onboarding process to ensure their successful integration into the company.
- Managing the performance review process, coaching and counseling employees, and developing training and development programs that help to promote career growth and advancement.
- Facilitating employee engagement and team building activities to promote a positive work environment and help employees feel connected to the organization.
- Developing and managing employee benefit programs, such as healthcare, retirement, and time off policies, that are competitive and help to attract and retain top talent.
- Managing compensation and salary reviews, and ensuring that the organization’s pay practices are competitive and equitable.
- Ensuring that the organization’s diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives are effectively implemented and continuously improved.
- Managing employee relations issues, such as grievances, disputes, and conflicts, and developing and implementing programs to address and resolve these issues.
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders, such as senior management, legal counsel, vendors, and community organizations.
- Leading and managing HR projects and initiatives, such as organizational restructuring, talent management, and succession planning.
- Continuously monitoring and analyzing HR metrics and data, and using this information to make data-driven decisions that support the organization’s goals and objectives.