A resume for a camp counselor is sometimes requested. The summary identifies traits such as personalities, motivating others, and building loyal relationships.
In this example, three bullet points emphasize this individual’s soft skills such as being highly organized, results driven and detailed oriented.
Immediately following, is a recount of his professional experience, starting with his most recent role. In this case, the job seeker has experience as a camp counselor.
Even if it’s not your full time job, you can move that position up towards the top.
The writer displayed relevant accomplishments with bullet points.
- Upbeat, dedicated professional, offering effective communication skills with the ability to interact with all personalities.
- Talent in motivating others and building loyal relationships. Highly organized, results-driven, and detail-oriented with finely-tuned listening skills.
- Friendly, energetic, and engaging, able to quickly learn with solid strengths in patience and professionalism to generate strong rates of satisfaction and retention.
- Maintain high levels of accuracy and efficiency within fast-paced, deadline-driven environments.
Camp Counselor Experience Statements
- Provided fun and friendship activities such as “best buddies” with special needs children to cope with challenges using actively listening.
- Guided campers in safe exercise, taking into account individualized physical limitations.
- Established open communication with campers and their parents by showing empathy, concern, and asking open-ended questions.
- Cultivated effective relationships with campers and other camp counselors by utilizing active listening and dynamic interpersonal skills.
- Participated in camp-centered activities, including counseling campers about dangers of substance abuse, canoeing, and proper nutrition.