The sample below highlights the person’s experience as a Translator. The resume opens with a list of bullet points summarizing his skills and experience.
His professional experience is featured next, beginning with his current position as an Account Manager.
Each position title and employment dates are followed by bullet points that outline the duties of each position.
The next two positions in the resume are specific to the Translator position and offer descriptive statements related to that area of expertise.
The resume ends by listing his Bachelor of Arts in International Business and Marketing.
- Superior ability to cultivate strong and durable client relationships.
- Developed, built and nurtured long-term relationships with key management within the customer organizations.
- Cultural differences and communication problem-solving with experiences to guide.
- Fluent in Japanese speaking, writing, reading, and typing.
- Possess solid computer skills. Knowledge using Mac systems; Microsoft Excel, WordPerfect, Microsoft Outlook, (setup meeting, calendar) Microsoft PowerPoint, in English and Japanese.
- Experience with Toyota’s technical terms and knowledge of Toyota’s drawing and documentations.
Translator Experience Statements
- Communicate information clearly in order to set correct expectations and understanding with customers and encourage open dialogue of all involved parties.
- Knowledge of Trim cover materials and laminations and handle the Toyota Boshoku account.
- Do feasibility studies to support the customer design team and engineer.
- Ensure the timely and successful delivery of our solutions according to customer needs and objectives.
- Learned technical terminology and management techniques through verbal and written translation.
- Assisted with matters related to human resources, administration, and interaction with Japanese staff members involving administrative needs. (e.g. Visa, doctor’s appointments, driver’s licenses, etc.).
- Japanese Executive Assistant (schedule, prepare document, meeting, event arrangement, etc.).
- Utilized discretion and judgment at all times in dealing with executive’s direct reports, as well as communication with customers and vendors via telephone and email.
- Understanding Toyota’s specific words and terms to describe various processes, methods and philosophies.
- Hosted company’s VIP clients from Hong Kong and Japan.
- Translator (from Japanese to English and vice versa).