View this professional probation officer resume example as a reference for job seekers in criminal justice.
This educated candidate is looking for a new role in the field of community corrections. The resume features experience from two similar, but different roles. The resume demonstrates the candidate’s experience with the legal system handling difficult cases and juggling large caseloads.
The document highlights the individual’s expertise dealing pre-sentencing investigations, interviewing, drug testing and case management.
Through their job history, they’ve shown the ability to organize, multi-task and manage cases and the administrative work. The job seeker has also proven leadership with the ability to supervise staff members in the field.
Probation Officer Resume Summary Statements
- A dynamic probation professional with more than 5 years’ experience defending probationers and working with adults with severe behavioral issues.
- Professionally communicates with clients and their networks to collect relevant case information through visitations and calls.
- Monitors accused parties’ statuses before, during and after final conviction.
- Manage caseload of over 100 defendants containing over 60 felony cases and 50 misdemeanor cases.
- Enforce compliance of court orders by supervising probationers and communicating expectations.
- Evaluate defendant’s case and state of mind; collect and record data for court.
- Conduct casework through office, jail, and field visits as well as telephone calls.
- Execute random monthly drug and alcohol testing for each individual on probation.
- Monitored behavior and progress of 40 cases over the course of 2 years.
- Provided detail accounts of behavioral reports for court.