The resume example below is specific to someone who is currently working in the distribution and materials management field. This document opens with a summary of Jerry’s experience, highlighting his 35+ years of experience and job specific skills.
Next, the “Core Knowledge & Expertise” section contains specific keywords related to where his skill sets lie.
These keywords, such as inventory management and contract negotiation, assist with branding and visibility in recruiter searches.
His professional experience consists of outlining his current role as General Manager and previous positions.
The initial statement below the job title summarizes his general day-to-day duties and tasks. Any accomplishments or contributions he has made in this role are listed next with the use of bullet points.
Distribution Manager Summary
- Self-motivated, customer-focused leader with accomplished career track of 35+ years — a top producer and creative problem-solver.
- Strong record of formulating and implementing cost and continuous improvement programs.
- Excellent results in overseeing new facility start-ups.
- Consistently target new opportunities and provide creative market solutions.
- Deliver and sustain revenue and profit gains within competitive markets through careful attention to each customer’s needs.
Distribution Manager Experience Statements
- Oversaw all operations in US (6) and Mexico (3) (1M+ SF) with full P&L accountability.
- Restructured organization personnel.
- Guided company into new markets of school systems and e-commerce.
- Established new financial reporting methods.
- Developed operating budgets.
- Increased profitability 15% in first 2 years.
- Reduced corporate overhead expense by 10%.
- Maintained ship window on time accuracy of 99.9%.
- Reviewed and improved all service contract rates and/or offerings (i.e. HVAC, forklift maintenance, janitorial, lawn care, etc.)
- Increased company sales 60% over 10 years — 8.5% in first 14 months. Reduced labor cost by 15% during the same 14-month period.
- Expanded company from 1 location to 9. Opened and started up all new sites — US (6), Mexico (3). Determined property locations, site selections, and conducted lease negotiations.
- Managed facility relocations/shutdowns including asset sale/reallocation as well as personnel reassignments and/or layoffs.
- Reduced operating expenses by 30%.