Created for a client hoping to break through in the Entertainment industry, this theater resume example can be a good reference for anyone in acting, theater production and fine arts.
The seeker went to school for Fine Arts, but recently worked in retail and other unrelated jobs out of necessity. The goal was to re-focus their career. The challenge was to design a resume that truly did focus on his experiences in the Entertainment industry without it looking like there were gaps in employment.
Additionally, the client need the resume to truly highlight the rich and impressive history that this client has in the field. For these reasons, we began with an introductory paragraph and Summary of Qualifications section. Both of these sections were solely focused on qualities and skills related to Entertainment.
From there, his Professional Work History section also solely focused on experiences in theater production and education. Fortunately, even though he did venture into other fields of employment, he did have enough relative experience to make this section flow nicely without any large gaps.
To show that this client is currently employed (just not in the Entertainment field), an Additional Work Experience section was included that describes his “non-theater” jobs
The job candidate also had some related experience as a student, so a separate section was created for Undergraduate Work Experience.
Theater Resume Summary Statements
- Highly effective and creative Theatre Producer, Coordinator and Director with wide-ranging hands-on experience.
- Offering an array of skills in production, management, editing, directing, writing, teaching, acting, collaboration and change recommendation.
- Proven ability to increase production efficiency while also improving the overall product.
- Track record of success in delivering high-quality shows across a variety of platforms while always meeting strict deadlines and expectations.
Theater Resume Experience Statements
- Developed educational program for 15-21 year-old students that focused on theater directing and education.
- Taught acting classes for campers between 6-15 years old and mentored four interns to improve performance.
- Acted as camp director while original director was on leave.
- Oversaw production and direction of shows to consistently promote the voice and mission of the theater.
- Liaised between ensemble of over 30 performers and artistic staff to ensure every member was represented.
- Planned the full performance season in coordination with artistic staff.
- Promoted two comedy shows produced by ABC Productions by speaking with festival attendees.
- Appointed Load Crew and Assistant Stage Manager throughout entire festival.
- Co-created and produced the comedy show “Sunday School” at 123 Comedy Theatre.
- Booked performers, ran tech and scheduled running order to allow for seamless production.
- Increased attendance and viewership by successfully promoting show, which is currently in its third year.
- Received numerous coaching requests as a highly sought after Improv Coach for teams in the City area.
- Helped develop individual and ensemble voices for students of all ages.
- Conducted rehearsals and stage-managed for a full-length performance.
- Directed and produced three one-act shows for short university tours.
- Facilitated classes that ranged from themed creative play to devised theater to scripted work.
- Worked as a designer and director for family musicals.