This employment gap resume was created for a client that has been out of work for a couple years and was looking for entry back into the workforce in customer service.
The writer didn’t want the current employment gap to be the first thing that employers noticed when they reviewed the resume. Therefore, it was decided to begin with an introductory paragraph and Core Competencies section.
These worked to showcase the job seeker’s skill set and hide the fact that she has been out of work as well as hasn’t truly demonstrated a career path to this point.
Additionally, Employment dates were written in a way so that they do not jump off the page either. This was accomplished by not “right-aligning” the dates to the side of the page or utilizing a bold font. This way, hopefully employers give this client a fair chance by considering what skills and successes she has demonstrated throughout her career.
Education was left off the resume because the client’s highest degree was a High School Diploma.
Employment Gap Summary Statements
- Highly effective employee with over 15 years of experience providing excellent customer service and care for patients, customers and clients.
- Offering an array of skills in performing managerial duties, organization, customer issue resolution, rules and regulations adherence and accounting.
- Proven ability to accomplish goals within a strict deadline while working in dynamic environments.
- Dedicated and hardworking employee able to serve in a variety of roles within an organization.
Employment Gap Resume Experience Statements
- Greeted visitors and answered all questions in a timely manner.
- Maintained employee and department directories necessary for accurate visitor directions.
- Ensured proper security measures by following procedures, monitoring logbook and issuing visitor badges.
- Sustained telecommunication system critical for effective house phone and console operation.
- Preserved safe and clean reception area that improved patient and visitor experience.
- Contributed to team efforts by documenting actions and irregularities as well as accomplishing tasks to improve results.
- Assisted customers with slot related issues for prompt issue resolution.
- Supplied troubleshooting wherever necessary in assigned area.
- Calculated jackpot pyouts of varying sized with complete accuracy.