Visual Graphic Designers may use the following resume example as a basis for highlighting their own experience.
The summary statement is crafted to showcase the person’s graphic design, website development and Adobe experience.
The “Areas of Expertise” section lists the individual programs that the candidates is proficient in. These also serve as keywords to her experience for ranking high in applicant tracking systems.
Immediately following, is a recount of her professional experience starting with her current role. Her job duties and responsibilities in that role are described directly below the title and employment dates.
Any relevant accomplishments from each position are listed next by bullet points.
The resume ends with the person’s education by listing both a Bachelors and Masters in Art, but from separate institutions.
Visual Graphic Designer Summary
- Graphic designer with experience in graphic design and web site development.
- Extensive experience in developing for traditional and new media using a mix of traditional design techniques and computer aided techniques.
- Accomplished in all aspects of print design.
- Proven success in web site design including concept development, designing, and coding.
- Driven to satisfy clients with quality and efficiency.
Visual Graphic Designer Experience Statements
- Conceptualized, planned, and implemented original designs for broad range of website properties.
- Partnered with social media team on WordPress blogs and social media marketing. Defined new approaches to complex design problems.
- Created wireframes and screen-flow diagrams, including UI specifications documentation, images, icons, banners, and audio enhancements for program.
- Developed site navigation by categorizing content and funneling traffic through content.
- Updated and redesigned user experience for Continuing and Distance Engineering Education website by identifying and eliminating website bugs to improve user experience.
- Conducted usability testing and post-deployment evaluations to measure success of user experience.
- Contributed to style guides and other design documentation to maintain coherent information and interaction design patterns.
- Developed creative design for prominent biomedical illustration, including print materials, brochures, banners, and signs. Applied knowledge of production to create high-quality images. Updated computer graphic files using graphics software programs.
- Collaborated directly with professors and students to achieve accrued illustration.
- Used Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator to create images and layouts.
- Created digital image files for use in digital and traditional printing methods.
- Maintained consistent use of graphic imagery in materials and other marketing outreach.