Here we have a before and after resume example for a financial management professional. The after example can serve as a resource for people with a background in banking, investments and financial services.
The “Before” version is a good example of the common misconception that a one-page resume is what most hiring managers want to see.
This candidate undersold his value by presenting nine years of work history on a single page with a list of duties performed.
In addition, the format used is a MS WORD template. Using a template failed to present the candidate’s level of professionalism.
On the “After” version we see the candidate is now well represented by a professionally written and formatted document that clearly demonstrates the impact he made on the companies he worked with through a new listing of solid quantifiable accomplishments that ensures that he “stand out” from the crowd.
Financial Management Resume Statements
- Results-driven professional with extensive experience in financial management.
- Dynamic strategist with 10 years of experience in building multi-million dollar, high growth companies.
- Proven success in attaining key customers, building sales and increasing market share.
- Expertise in the development of targeted business initiatives.
- Highly skilled in team leadership, relationship development, goal attainment and revenue production.
- Recognized as leader, mentor and coach that can foster strong relationships with diverse groups.
- Capable of recruiting, building and maintaining a high performance team of professionals.
- Managed operations of financial services firm, consistently increasing sales while mitigating risks.
- Oversee 100 employees across multiple departments including sales, operations, finance and administration.
- Directed administration of $100 million budget with full P&L responsibility.
- Conducted project needs analysis and created strategic marketing plans for new business.