Here we have a resume for a professional buyer with experience as a purchasing manager. The document works well for anyone in shipping, distribution or production.
The resume uses a headline paragraph to outline their 12 years of expertise in the fashion industry as a purchasing manager and account executive.
The opening uses a table to outline key skill sets such as market analysis, brand promotion, inventory, client services, merchandising, vendor procurement and strategic business development.
The experience section lists company names, dates, locations and job titles in bold format. The paragraph below the job title describes their role in the position. The bullet points outline achievements. Notice how the writer quantifies results. In the first bullet points of the most recent job, they emphasize increased profit margin from 43% to 53%. The next bullet point identifies the exact reduction in inventory costs.
The resume goes on to include two other job positions. A formal section outlines their professional development by listing their AA in Merchandising and Marketing.
Purchasing Resume Statements
- Develop and execute procurement strategies for purchasing of manufactured items and raw materials.
- Plan and implement processes and procedures for company product purchases.
- Analyze vendor quotes and select products from suppliers based on price and quality.
- Negotiate shipping and receiving contracts ensuring on time delivery for critical inventory.
- Work with vendors to expedited delivery and resolving product issues.
- Certify and document products in receiving department in order to verify quantity and accuracy of shipments.
- Review purchasing agreements to find errors, detect commissions, identify price changes and eliminate duplication.
- Authorize and process invoices for automated payment of small high quantity supplies.
- Handle procurement documentation in order to maintain detailed records
Purchasing Resume By Great Resumes Fast