Below you will find a before and after version of a resume for a network administrator. This resume will be helpful for most IT professionals working with network systems.
First and foremost, the “before” resume for this individual has a focus on duties instead of accomplishments.
Hiring professionals want to know what the candidate has done that made a difference to his current and former employers.
The “after” version features accomplishments that are easy to see and attract the reader by immediately revealing what they are looking for. In addition to this, improvements by the professional writer include: a descriptive title followed by a summary that clearly states who the person is professionally and what they would bring to the company.
This is presented in a condensed style that tells the reader what they want to know in the first 15 seconds.
Network Administrator Resume Statements
- 10 year IT professional with extensive experience in network administration in Microsoft IIS environment.
- Effective troubleshooter, adept at solving problems rapidly.
- Strong knowledge of network hardware including servers, routers, and other computer devices.
- Scheduled, coordinated and deployed server updates and preventative maintenance with limited downtime.
- Expert in network security protocols, anti-virus and firewall configuration.
- Proven ability to integrate old systems and databases with new software applications and advanced technology.
- Maintained over 50 servers with full responsibility for 100% system uptime.
- Designed, implemented and management hosted server applications.
- Provided escalated IT support including hardware troubleshooting, backup and recovery, email communication and application support.
- Setup and maintained LAN connectivity and wireless networks.
- Planned and built redundancy into existing systems to eliminate downtime due to server failure.