Below you will find a before and after resume for a sales executive with a broad range of experience that focuses on consulting and business development.
As a Managing Director in Sales and Business Development, it’s clear that job seeker is working at the executive level.
However, upon viewing his before resume, it lacks the polish of an executive presentation and did not grab the readers attention. The summary was not compelling and the descriptions within the experience section did not include enough detail. Accomplishments did not stand out.
In the After version of this resume, notice how the writer separated out his job responsibilities from his accomplishments, allowing the reader to quickly see how this executive’s leadership and initiative had a positive impact on his previous employers. What a contrast between these two presentations!
Sales Consultant Resume – Before / After – Download PDF
Sales Consultant Resume Statements
- An accomplished, results-driven professional with expertise in business development.
- Recognized for consistently achieving goals by increasing sales and growing revenues.
- Charged with developing new customers and growing sales from existing client base.
- Formulate new strategic marketing and business initiatives.
- Meet or exceed marketing targets, financial objectives and departmental budgets.
- Build new relationships and extend network of contacts and industry leaders.
- Adept at public speaking with experience giving presentations at executive meetings, events and conferences.
- Plan and deploy strategies to improve advertising, and product marketing.
- Spearhead project to restructure corporate image and branding.
- Lead efforts to build partnerships and strategic acquisitions.
- create and present proposals, charts, graphs and supporting documentation.
- Analyze and prepare due diligence for new investment opportunities and lines of business.