This post includes an example of a resume for a truck driver with experience as route driver and sales representative. It can be a helpful sample for anyone in the transportation industry.
The resume uses a paragraph summery to highlight 5 years of experience in route distribution that coincided with 20 years in law enforcement. Below the summary, the writer lists Areas of Qualifications.
These skills include beverage route distribution, truck driver safety, sales, marketing, customer service and merchandising. The resume also highlights customer needs assessment, theft control, purchasing, inventory, receivables and vehicle maintenance.
The resume uses a relevant experience section to focus on the responsibilities related to a truck driver position. That section is followed by a career history section that demonstrates a long track record of work experience in a high trust profession.
The job candidates training and education include an Associates Degree in Applied Science and Criminal Justice.
Truck Driver Resume Statements
- License and experience hauling hazardous materials with full knowledge of interstate hazardous material placard laws.
- Possess Class A CDL commercial drivers license with Tanker (N) and Double /Triple Semi Trailer (T) and Hazardous (H) endorsements.
- Strong knowledge of drivers safety and tractor trailer safety regulations. Never received safety citation in 10 years of driving.
- Dependable employee that is known for always being on time and rarely calling in for days off.
- Maintains a friendly and professional approach in working with customers and shippers, representing the company with pride.
- Excels at working in rough weather, heavy snow and storms while maintaining high levels of focus and safety.
- Plans routes, schedules deliveries, reads maps and consistently meets tight deadlines.
- Possesses background as a diesel mechanic with expertise in diagnosing mechanical issues while on the road.
- Accustomed to hard work, heavy lifting with experience unloading and loading trailers in awkward situations. Adept at unloading by hand, with hand trucks and with forklifts.
Truck Driver Resume By Best Resumes of New York